Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Graphic Novel Review: Perseus - Destiny's Call


"In the time of myth and legends…

Perseus always believed he was destined to live the life of a simple fisherman. He never believed he was special. But when charged with an impossible task, he must gird himself with courage, audacity and believe in himself to achieve the unachievable. With the life of his mother and family on the line, Perseus the Avenger must answer the call of destiny…

This is a story of heroism, honour, family, and embracing one’s true calling, during the golden age of mythology. "


This was the first graphic novel from Campfire that I've read, and I thought I'd go with the classic tale of Perseus, which people may know as the basis for the film Clash Of The Titans.

I was initially a bit hesitant due in part to the books using artists based in India, where Campfire is also based, as I've not seen their artwork before - bad quality artwork can kill a good graphic novel for me irrespective of how good the story is - but I needn't have worried. The illustrations are as good as anything I've read before, and the story a pleasure to read as well.

The story, which is bookended in the book as a tale read to Hyratheus by Lady Demiarties, charts the legend of Perseus and his destiny. From the origins of his birth, to the quest for Medusa and his destiny to be king.

If you like graphic novels and tales of ancient mythology then I would recommend that you give this a read.

**** out of 5

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and blogging

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers. Glad you enjoy reading the blog and find it interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete