Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Review: Star Wars Art: Illustration

It might come to no surprise, and especially to those that visit this blog, that I love art, and especially art and illustration from geek pop culture. It doesn't really get more geek pop culture than with Star Wars, and so I had to splash for the new Star Wars Art book 'Illustration'.

I've not read the previous two books in the Star Wars Art series, Comics and Vision (both now on order), but I have seen some of the artwork that features in this new book across my travels around the internet, and in fact have featured some on this blog. It is nice to have them in a nicely illustrated book though, and it satisfies my hardcover art book fetish!!!

Each of the 170+ pages is filled with simply awesome artwork, some of it previously unpublished and rarely seen from the artists featured. Artists like Ralph McQuarrie (to whom the book is dedicated to), Drew Struzan, Dave Dorman, Hugh Fleming, Tim and Greg Hildebrandt, Tsuneo Sanda, Jerry Vanderstelt, Christian Waggoner and many more. 


So if you're a Star Wars fan and love art and illustration, I would highly recommend getting this book.



***** out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment