Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Cool Art: 'The Secret of Nimh' by Mark Lone

Odd City Entertainment has teamed up with Mark Lone to produce a poster for 'The Secret of Nimh', the 1982 animated film directed by Don Bluth, that goes on sale tomorrow (August 8).

The poster is a 36" x 24" 10 colour screenprint with 3 metallic inks, in a limited edition of 140, and costs $55. Follow @OddCityNews on Twitter for the exact on sale time tomorrow.
"Being a fan of 80′s animation, I must admit, I wore out my VHS tape of The Secret of NIMH, my favorite Don Bluth movie. I learned so much during the process of making this piece while studying as much as I could from the movie concept sketches and character designs (some even by Don himself). I realized after starting this print that I have always drawn owls (and I have drawn a few of owls) very dark and ominous, much like “the great owl”… it was at that point I recognized how much this movie had impacted my artistic style subconsciously, even when I was a kid. So thank you to everyone involved with the making of such a great movie."
click to embiggen

No comments:

Post a Comment