Sunday, March 09, 2014

You have a lot to answer for 'John Carter'!

'John Carter', the film by Andrew Stanton, was released on this day in 2012, and ignited my interest in pulp Sci-Fi, lead me to read, and enjoy, all 11 books in the Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs and discover more pulp Sci-fi authors, like Otis Adelbert Kline and Leigh Brackett, developed a love for the illustrated cover art for the old vintage pulp magazines like Amazing Stories, Planet Stories and Fantastic Adventures, and the film (and books) have also been the inspiration for me to have a go and write a story (something I've never done before) in the same vein as the old swashbuckling, Sci-Fi adventure movies, serials and books of the Pulp era (I have 10 chapters mapped out so far).

You have a lot to answer for, John Carter! And for that, I thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment