Thursday, May 14, 2015

Cool Art: 'A Warrior's Dreams' Blue Metallic Variant Prints by Anthony Petrie

'A Warrior’s Dreams' is a four part series of posters by Anthony Petrie, based on the romanticized vision of the samurai. Each poster is his interpretation of specific Jisei (Japanese Death poems) written by actual samurai before they committed the act of seppuku.

Originally released and subsequently sold out back in 2013, Anthony is releasing a blue metallic variant edition of the posters. They are 12” x 36” five-colour screen-prints on white cougar smooth paper with an all metallic ink overlay in a signed and numbered limited edition of 100 and will cost $25 each or $80 for the set of four.


'A Warriors' Dream' Part I
“Like an old tree
From which we gather no blossoms
Sad has been my life
Fated to bear no fruit”

- Minamoto Yorimasa
'A Warriors' Dream' Part II
“Holding forth this sword
I cut vacuity in twain;
In the midst of the great fire,
a stream of refreshing breeze!”

- Shiaku Nyûdo
'A Warriors' Dream' Part III
“Both the victor
and the vanquished are
but drops of dew,
but bolts of lightning -
thus should we view the world.”

- Ôuchi Yoshitaka
'A Warriors' Dream' Part IV
“Had I not known
that I was dead
already
I would have mourned
my loss of life.”

- Ota Dokan

1 comment: